Sunday, November 7, 2010

Foot Fitness - Full Body Massage

Thanks for the extra hour, Daylight Savings Time! I used my extra hour for a massage, of course. Today I went to Foot Fitness (not to be confused with Foot Finesse) on 86th and Michigan Rd. I have been here before and gotten the 1 hour foot massage (which includes more than just a foot rub), but today I decided to try the 1 hour full body massage. This place is almost always empty, and today was no different. Foot Fitness has lots of recliner chairs with ottomans all in one room. I assumed my full body massage would be conducted on one of these chairs much like the foot massage, but I was wrong.

I was led back to a little partitioned-off area with a curtain that had a regular massage table. For the full body massage I was to take off my clothes down to underwear, like at higher end massage places. I was expecting to be in the open room with clothes on, but this was ok. The room had dim lighting and piped in muzak. The massage table was too short for me, as was the blanket covering me, and my feet hung off the end uncovered (probably not a problem for most normal-height people). There was a space heater in the room which was good because it would have been cold otherwise.

My massage therapist gave me a good massage. He started out with my back and the backs of my legs, then I turned over and he did my head, face, arms, feet, and legs. The pressure was pretty strong, but he kept checking with me to make sure it was not hurting me. My massage therapist used massage oil and also used a hot towel to wipe the oil off at the end. The towel started out hot, but was cold by the time he was finished, so getting another towel in the middle would have been nice.

The full body massage cost $55 (which is $10 more than what was listed on their website, but $55 was posted at the front desk). I had a $5 coupon which I had gotten at a previous visit, so the massage cost me $50 plus tip. My massage today was good, however it was about the same caliber as the 1 hour foot massage, but double the price. Even though the foot massage is done clothed and in a chair, I like it just as much, so next time I will probably just get the foot massage.

Service Quality Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5
"Spa Experience" Rating: 2.5 stars out of 5
Price: $

Price Guide
$ = less than $1 per minute (very budget friendly!)
$$ = about $1 per minute (reasonable)
$$$ = more than $1 per minute (an occasional treat)
$$$$ = about $1.50 per minute (only if I get a gift certificate or great coupon)
$$$$$ = more than $1.50 per minute (I'll be surprised if I ever get to go to one of these)

2 comments:

  1. I have been to the Greenwood location of Foot Fitness and had an amazing experience. I did the 20 dollar 1 hour foot massage. Absolutley worth and way more than just a "foot massage". I will definitely go back!!

    ReplyDelete