Friday, March 25, 2011

ProWellness Chiropractic - Hot Stone Massage

Happy Spring Break! I have decided to kick off my Spring Break with a massage! I found another great deal for a hot stone massage on livingsocial.com at ProWellness Chiropractic in Fishers. This was a bit of a drive for me, but well worth it.

ProWellness is in a nice new-looking strip mall. The inside is designed in kind of a modern natural way, with a stone desk and a large waiting area. Since it is also a chiropractor's office, the look combined medical with spa. I was the only person there and was greeted by two ladies at the front desk. I was asked to fill out some paperwork with medical questions and given my privacy rights. My massage therapist Heather came to get me right away, and took me back through the chiropractic area to a massage room. The room was simply decorated, but had the essential components: some candles, a chair, hooks, and a mirror. Heather explained to me that they usually do 90 minute hot stone massages, and that livingsocial made a mistake and was not supposed to offer that massage at the 60 minute price (lucky me!). She said that it takes some time to lay the stones on all the different parts of your body, which is why it is normally 90 minutes, but she was going to do mainly just the massaging part and less laying to fit it into the 60 minutes that I bought, which was fine with me.

Heather left me to get undressed and I was happy to discover that the massage table was heated. When she came back in she started some soothing music, and even turned on a white noise machine to drown out the light rock station playing in the lobby. I started face up, and she massaged my face, chest, neck, arms, feet, and legs. If you haven't read my other hot stone review, a hot stone massage is where the massage therapist uses heated smooth stones to massage you, and also lays heated stones on you. She even put little stones between my toes, which I had never experienced before. I then turned over, and she laid stones on my back, and then massaged my legs, feet, and back. The massage was very good, with a nice medium pressure, and the stones were a good temperature. Heather checked in with me to make sure they weren't too hot.



I bought this massage for $49 on livingsocial.com. Thanks to their mistake, I was able to get a hot stone massage, which as I have mentioned before, is usually 1.5 times more than a regular "hands only" massage.  The usual price for the 90 minute hot stone massage is not listed on the website, but their regular massage is $70 per hour. I am estimating a 60 minute hot stone massage to be worth at least $90, so I saved $40. Yay!

Service Quality Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5
"Spa Experience" Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5
Price: $$$$ - approximated regularly charged price ($ - price I actually paid :)

Price Guide
$ = less than $1 per minute (very budget friendly!)
$$ = about $1 per minute (reasonable)
$$$ = more than $1 per minute (an occasional treat)
$$$$ = about $1.50 per minute (only if I get a gift certificate or great coupon)
$$$$$ = more than $1.50 per minute (I'll be surprised if I ever get to go to one of these)

1 comment: