Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Optimal Wellness Center - Massage

I received a birthday massage coupon in the mail from Optimal Wellness Center. This is a place that I have gone to for yoga, and they have all different kinds of wellness treatments, including:

AROMATHERAPY, BACH FLOWER REMEDIES, CHIROPRACTIC, COLD LASER THERAPY, CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, DECOMPRESSION, DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE, EAR CANDLING, GRASTON THERAPY, GUIDED IMAGERY, HEALING TOUCH, HOMEOPATHY, KINESIOTAPING, LYMPH DRAINAGE THERAPY, MEDITATION, PILATES, REFLEXOLOGY, REIKI, SHIATSU, TRIGGER POINT MYOTHERAPY, VISCERAL MANIPULATION, YOGA

So, I don't really know what half of that stuff is, but it's a cute place and I like the idea of it. They have a yoga studio and several treatments areas and rooms, and the place is nicely painted and decorated with lots of cute little spa touches like the rocks in the bathroom sink.


My coupon was good for a one-hour massage for $39, normally a $75 value. I easily booked my massage over the phone about 2 weeks in advance. I got an email confirmation a few days before. 

When I got to the place I was greeted by three girls at the desk and my massage therapist, Dane. I filled out a medical history and release form, and was led to the massage room. The room was huge for a massage room, and even had a sauna in the corner. Like the rest of the wellness center, the room was nicely decorated, and had soothing music that was piped throughout the whole place. Dane started on my back, and also massaged my legs, arms, and shoulders. He used good pressure and a very slippery lotion that still hasn't absorbed after four hours. Overall, it was a pretty good massage, nothing super special, but thorough and consistant.


Service Quality Rating: 4 stars out of 5
"Spa Experience" Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Price: $$$ - regularly charged price ($ - price I actually paid)

Price Guide
$ = less than $1 per minute (very budget friendly!)
$$ = about $1 per minute (reasonable)
$$$ = more than $1 per minute (an occasional treat)
$$$$ = about $1.50 per minute (only if I get a gift certificate or great coupon)
$$$$$ = more than $1.50 per minute (I'll be surprised if I ever get to go to one of these)


P.S. I don't know what's up with the different fonts, but I can't figure out how to fix it. :)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the price guide as well. Atleast I know how they charge.

    Lymph Treatment

    ReplyDelete