Friday, August 12, 2011

Massage Indy - Hand and Foot Massage

It's my last weekday before school starts. *Sniff.* So I decided to go get a massage. I bought a coupon for Massage Indy on Eversave.com. My coupon was $10 for a half hour hand and foot massage or Thai stretching, worth $25. I actually paid $7 because I got 3 free credits for signing up for Eversave. Massage Indy has an online scheduler, but it was not very user friendly so I just walked in.

Massage Indy is across from Glendale in a small strip mall. When I got there, I was the only customer there, and there were 3 people behind a sliding glass window. There was a nice-sized waiting room with a couple of children's toys. A massage therapist led me through a curtain into a big room with some recliner chairs and mats on the floor. There was low lighting and music playing. There were also some individual massage rooms off of the main room.

I was kind of interested in experiencing the Thai stretching, where you lay down and the massage therapist stretches you out. But, I chickened out and got the hand and foot massage instead. I started out in a recliner chair with my feet on an ottoman, and she started out rubbing my feet and lower legs. Then she had me lay face down on a mat and did a bit more on my feet and also my hands. The pressure was pretty light, which was good for the bottoms of my feet which can be sensitive, but I would have liked a little more pressure for my hands. Overall the massage was nothing special, but good enough. I may go back at some point to try the Thai stretching.

Service Quality Rating: 3 stars out of 5
"Spa Experience" Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5
Price: $

Price Guide
$ = less than $1 per minute (very budget friendly!)
$$ = about $1 per minute (reasonable)
$$$ = more than $1 per minute (an occasional treat)
$$$$ = about $1.50 per minute (only if I get a gift certificate or great coupon)
$$$$$ = more than $1.50 per minute (I'll be surprised if I ever get to go to one of these)

No comments:

Post a Comment