Friday, September 30, 2011

Elle Nails - Pedicure

I went and got a pedicure immediately after school (work) today because I have been wanting to get one for the last few weeks and haven't had time. (Or, lets be honest, whenever I have had time, my legs weren't adequately shaved.) Today the two lined up like stars in a constellation, and I was able to get my pedicure.

I went to Elle Nails on 86th and Zionsville. It was a fairly standard walk-in nail place with comparable prices. It was simply decorated, but nice. It did not seem to be well ventilated because it was the strongest nail chemically smelling place I have been to. The place was fairly busy, but I got in right away. The pedicure chair massager was really strong and almost hurt my back. My pedicurist was thorough, and gave me a great leg massage, but did not massage my feet at all which was disappointing. I originally picked out a crackle nail polish that should have looked something like this (but on my toes):

  
But the pedicurist had never used it, and couldn't figure out how it worked. There was a top coat somewhere that we were lacking. So instead I just went with a plain red. When I went to the nail dryer area and sat down, I was momentarily excited when I realized that that chair had a massager also, but alas it was broken.



Service Quality Rating: 2.5 stars out of 5
"Spa Experience" Rating: 2.5 stars out of 5
Price: $$

Price Guide
$ = less than $1 per minute (very budget friendly!)
$$ = about $1 per minute (reasonable)
$$$ = more than $1 per minute (an occasional treat)
$$$$ = about $1.50 per minute (only if I get a gift certificate or great coupon)
$$$$$ = more than $1.50 per minute (I'll be surprised if I ever get to go to one of these)

1 comment:

  1. If you are accustomed to wearing nail polish, remove this first. If your remover is alcohol or acetone free, it may not be as effective on darker colors.

    Nice and very interesting. Thank you for your sharing...........

    pedicure spas

    ReplyDelete