Thursday, October 20, 2011

Europa Day Spa - Essence Facial

Thursday and Friday of this week is my fall break, so I decided to go to my favorite place to get a facial, Europa Day Spa. I received a gift certificate to this place a few years ago and I have gone back one or two times a year since then. I am willing to pay full price there.

Europa Day Spa is a small spa in the Meridian Kessler neighborhood. There are three rooms separated by walls that don't go all the way to the ceiling, and white fabric is draped over the top. There is a big fountain right in the middle, so you can hear the sound of real running water, and wood floors. Sandra, the owner, is very nice and always remembers things about me, even when I haven't been there for a year. She always offers me water or tea from a little tea tray that she has set up.

I like Sandra's facials because they involve a lot of massaging, more than other facials I've gotten. She starts off with cleansing my face with a clarisonic brush, and then does extractions if I want them (which I always do). Then she massages in a few more lotions and potions, and ends with a face mask. While the face mask is on she gives me at least a 15-20 minute massage of my arms, shoulders, and head. The whole facial lasted about 1.5 hours today and cost $75 plus tip (regular price).


Service Quality Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5
"Spa Experience" Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Price: $

Price Guide
$ = less than $1 per minute (very budget friendly!)
$$ = about $1 per minute (reasonable)
$$$ = more than $1 per minute (an occasional treat)
$$$$ = about $1.50 per minute (only if I get a gift certificate or great coupon)
$$$$$ = more than $1.50 per minute (I'll be surprised if I ever get to go to one of these)


*Europa day spa  is having an open house with free wine, appetizers, reiki, reflexology, and chair massage on November 10th at 6:30-8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment