Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lovely Nails - Pedicure

It's my first pedicure of the summer! I decided to try a new place today. I looked up nail places near me on google, and came across Lovely Nails in Carmel. It had a couple of good reviews so I decided to check it out. Before I went, I called to see if they were open on Sundays and they were.

Lovely Nails was in a strip mall, and looked pretty average, but didn't have a lot of decorations. There was a big screen TV that was showing a tennis match. I chose a polish from the slightly limited selection, a blue-green that reminded me of the ocean on my cruise to the Bahamas in 2008, and was told which pedicure chair to go to. It was a good thing the massage chair was pretty good because I ended up waiting an hour while several appointments came in and were serviced ahead of me. Oh well, I guess I should have listened to the review that said to make an appointment.

Finally, a young girl who I gathered was the daughter of the owner, came over to remove my toe nail polish while a pedicurist finished up with another client. By this time my water had gotten cold and I asked for it to be heated up. My pedicurist then came over and began my pedicure. He used a dremel on my cuticles which I don't think I have ever had done before. He also used a razor and pumice on the bottoms of my feet and stuck to the rough parts so it didn't tickle. He also gave me a fantastic leg and foot massage even though it was short. He started my polish, and then had the girl finish it so he could go to the next customer.

The Bahamas! See the blue-green water?
My toes-ies.


Overall, it was an average experience. I would go again, especially on a Sunday when my favorite place, Allure, is closed. But next time, I will make an appointment. The pedicure cost $28 plus tip, and there were no extras offered as far as I could tell. That was a slightly higher price than normal, but it was in Carmel after all.


Service Quality Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5
"Spa Experience" Rating: 2 stars out of 5
Price: $$ (unless you count my super long chair massage, making it $, but that was too long to wait)

Price Guide
$ = less than $1 per minute (very budget friendly!)
$$ = about $1 per minute (reasonable)
$$$ = more than $1 per minute (an occasional treat)
$$$$ = about $1.50 per minute (only if I get a gift certificate or great coupon)
$$$$$ = more than $1.50 per minute (I'll be surprised if I ever get to go to one of these)

1 comment:

  1. False nails mimic the look of perfectly manicured real fingernails. There are several different methods that can be used to produce artificial nails.

    Nice post. I read total Post. It’s really nice. Thank you for sharing.........

    May I HELP YOU.....PLZ CLICK HERE (Pedi Spa)

    ReplyDelete